VISA FEE UPDATE :
a)Single entry Visa US $50.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal
b)Multiple entry Visa US $100.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal
c)Transit Visa US $20.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal
d)Administrative fee for referred visa US $10.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal
Diplomatic, Official, Service and Courtesy visas will continue to be issued Gratis.
Nationals(Passport Holders)of the following countries do not require visas to enter Kenya:
||St. Kitts and Navis
||Trinidad and Tobago
||South Africa (For less than 30 days stay)
||St. Vincent and the Grenadines
|Malaysia (For less than 30 days stay)
The Following Countries have Concluded Visa Abolition Agreement With Kenya
Nationals of the following countries require a visa. click here
Nationals(Passport Holders)of the following countries shall have their visa applications REFERRED to the Director of Immigration Services,Nairobi for approval. The processing varies from case to case. No expedited services for Referred Visa applications.
You must complete the visa application (Fill in Duplicate) per person.
After completion, please sign the application before bringing it to the Embassy of The Republic of Kenya.
Applications which are not filled completely will be returned unprocessed.
After reading the Requirements below, please click the "Download Application" link to get the application form.
Please note that the possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry may deny entry if the visitor is unable to fulfil the immigration requirements and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests, even if such a person is in possession of a valid visa for Kenya.
- Valid Passport ( Not photocopy ) –– To Be Submitted Along With The Application Form.
- Completed (Filled in Two Copies) Application form duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary/Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
- US $50.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal For Single Entry (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US $100.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal For Multiple Entries (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US $20.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal For Single Transit,
- US $10.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal For Referred Visa application Fee
.If applying for REFERRED visa the following are also required:
- Completed (Filled in Three Copies) Application form signed.
- A letter of Visa request from applicant & & two copies
- An Invitation letter from the host ( Person in Kenya inviting the applicant) & two copies.
- Two separate payments in the amounts of:
- US$50.00 or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal (non-refundable) for Visa Application Fee,
- US$10.00or local equivalent in Qatari Riyal For Visa Processing fee for Single Entry into Kenya,
ALL CLIENTS ARE ADVISED TO SUBMIT ONLY THE EXACT AMOUNT OF THE OFFICIAL FEE FOR THE SERVICE REQUIRED
NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE TO APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED TO THIS EMBASSY WITH AN AMOUNT WHICH IS OVER AND ABOVE THE INDICATED AMOUNT.
(i)Single Entry............................................. Allows you to enter into Kenya once
(ii)Transit..................................................... Allows a short stop over (up to 24 hours) in Kenya
(iii)Multiple Entry.........................................Allows multiple times entry into Kenya
(IV)No Visa required for direct Transit (not leaving the airport)
NB: A single entry Visa would allow re-entry to Kenya from any of the following East African Countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda)
*Business Visas allow you to attend conferences, workshops, seminars or discussions. It does not mean that the holder of a business visa is allowed to work in Kenya. Those who wish to conduct temporary business in Kenya lasting up to three months require authorization from The Director of Immigation Services in Nairobi (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi Kenya) in form of Special Pass.
A Visa is required prior to entry into Kenya.
Visas are usually valid for six months from the issuance date
Visas are issued within 14 (Fourteen) business days from date of receipt of the application at the Embassy.
Note: For those travelling to Kenya with their pets, see "Import of Pets".
Please ensure that all your paperwork is well organised ( i.e photo stapled at the top left side of Application form, while your itinerary and application form are together)
Visa applications without complete requirements will not be processed. Please ensure all the requirements are met.
For more information on visa application and visa categories based on nationalities, please visit www.immigration.go.ke This website provides comprehensive details on all immigration services provided by the Department of Immigration of Kenya in Nairobi including but not limited to work permit, passes, citizenship, other immigration services and frequently asked questions (F.A.Qs)
Visa applicants who intend to undertake an internship/ placement and volunteer work in Kenya are further required to liaise with their host organizations/ companies in Kenya to make application for the appropriate authorization to the Director of Immigration Services (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi. Telephone +254-222022) prior to their engagement in the respective attachments.
DOWNLOAD VISA APPLICATION